The Sensu Punkah by Oliver Kessler is a unique swinging ceiling fan made in Germany that was built around the concept of reinventing natural ventilation. The Sensu Punkah is a gentle fan offering draft free ventilation, which is what makes the swinging Sensu Punkah ceiling fan so unique.
In antiquity the Maharajas and Pharaos enjoyed the silent circulating of air that a Punkah offered. The tranquil pendula swing of the Punkah became part of the Indian and Arabian heritage and could also be found in 19th century Southern USA and in schools in the Australian outback. These majestic fans disappeared with the beginning of the 20th century due to the availability of cheap electric motors, allowing the mass-production of noisy rotating fans. These, however, cannot substitute the sensation provided by the soft natural breeze and soothing movement of a silent Punkah.
Sensu Punkah Ceiling Fan Features
- Choose from 3 speeds to select your perfect breeze intensity
- Dimmable LED halo illumination light provides a warm white ambient
- Light is dimmable via remote control
- Timer functionality via remote control
- Choice of the blade rest position: Either a horizontal or near vertical position
- Energy Efficient 20W max Motor (30W max when used with the light)
- Suitable for Indoor Installation ONLY