1. Identify a position on the wall that is clear of plumbing, electrical wires and other obstructions.
2. Use the dimensions of a galvanized steel box to determine the dimensions of the cut-out (also printed on packaging), or replacing a single or double brick space, keeping the opening as small as possible to assist in securing the box.
3. Cut the wall using the appropriate cutting method to suit the material (vent is compatible with brick, weatherboard or sheeting materials) being installed into.
4. Insert the adaptor first into the opening.
5. Secure the louvre plate to the wall using a silicone based adhesive that can additionally seal around the outside of the face to prevent water penetration.
Note: if ducting is not required, the rivets can be drilled out and the steel adaptor box may be removed and discarded.